A one time slip

I had an incident at the beach. I inserted my penis into a guy's anus for probably less then 3 mins. I noticed in the salt water a burning. I pulled out and on land noticed redness and chafing under the head. We had been jacking each other off previously and I had played with myself the night before. I know insertive sex is a risk. I'll get tested in 6 weeks. My question is since we were in the ocean and the chafing did not produce blood is my risk factor lower? I'm am trying to remain calm! Does my question make sense? I know the virus is fragile and I'm hoping between the short duration, no actual blood, but skin redness, and all that salt water lowered my risk for a stupid slip. Thanks

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Unprotected sex is definitely risky for HIV, but you're right. There are things that make it higher or lower risk. You named quite a few already, so you're thinking is on the right track.

- Penetrating is lower risk than being penetrated - Shorter sex is lower risk than longer sex

It's still going to be a good idea for you to be tested for HIV in 3 months though, to give us a confirmation of your status.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Chance of geting infected with HIV
sharing liquid bandage/hiv risk?