Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Condom Removed without Knowledge
Aug 22, 2014

I'm sure something similar has already been answered and but every situation is different . Being that this just happened today I wanted to ask prior to my OCD causing me a panic attack. So i had protected anal sex as the bottom with a person i was meeting for the second time. We had previously discussed our status. While having sex I made sure the condom was on prior to being penetrated but during the middle he pulled out and when he reentered it seemed different. I have prior dealing with unprotect anal sex with my first bf because we were in a monogamous relationship I know the difference. I aam very certain the condom was removed and he was attempting to have sex with me unprotected. So when i asked him to get off he made a big deal of pulling out asking me go very slow as i got off him and than hiding his penis afterwards When i asked about whether he took off the condom before entering me he made a even bigger deal of it. He could not have been in me for no more than a min or so. HE claims he is negative i'm not sure how reliable that information is considering i believe he lied about removing the condom. How at risk am I, should I use Prep in this case??? I don't want to overreact which i have a ten decency to do. Please help!!!

Response from Mr. Cordova

This was a one-time, brief incidence. Transmission was unlikely. I don't think PEP is necessary.

In health,

Richard

Previous
std present??
Next
Can I get HIV from protected insertive anal sex?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.