For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Hangover in Vegas

I recently had a black out experience in Vegas. My friends say they last saw me at 3:00 am going to the bathroom and never saw me again until the next morning. I woke up in my hotel room in sleeping garments, all clothes laying in room, nothing missing. No signs of anything nefarious. Problem is I cannot remember anything from the last time I saw them until waking up. Hotel security didn't report any odd activity on my room so probably nothing happened (at least there). My girlfriend is coming in 2 weeks (14 days from this event) and I would hate to pass something on if something happened. If I get HIV-RNA testing done will this be close to accurate? I hear the virus load is greatest in first 3 weeks. Thanks

Response from Mr. Cordova

You could either do an RNA test, or an antigen/antibody test. The antigen portion of the latter can pick up an infection very early after transmission has occurred.

In health,

I need assurance