Fastest HIV Testing

Hi Dr. You already answered my question "Had Protected Sex_Now Sore throat_Is it HIV?", but I din't get any option to continue the thread. SO, writing a new question. Please answer my below questions: 1. Why do you think that my symptoms are not HIV related. I never had a sore throat without getting cold. I am taking antibiotics but these are not working. It's been 4 days now. 2. What is the fastest way to get the HIV testing done? I don't want to wait for 4 weeks. I am really worried. 3. Now as I cannot start PEP, the only solution is to wait for 4 weeks? and then what if I have HIV+ ? will it just finally kill me? Is there any cure? Can I take any medication now?

Response from Mr. Cordova

1: A sore throat has nothing to do with HIV. Just because you have never had a sore throat without getting sick doesn't make this HIV.

2: Go in for a combo antigen/antibody test. The antigen portion of the test can pick up an infection much earlier. However, only a 90 day antibody test would be considered conclusive.

3: If you are HIV positive (which you are not), it will not kill you. I have been living with HIV for over 13 years and I am doing quite well. There is no cure for HIV. You do not need to take medication at this time.

You need to read our section on HIV Prevention. Educate yourself on how the virus is and is not transmitted. Hopefully that knowledge will put your overactive mind at ease.

Flu in less than 48 hrs of Oral sex
I need assurance