Generalised swollen lymph nodes - probability of HIV?

Hi, thanks in advance for any answers. I'll start by saying that the most obvious advice (get a test) is being done next week, so this is mostly since I've been obsessing about this and would like some insight before results. I had unprotected sex about 10 weeks ago while drunk, I was receptive in male-to-male sex. Since then the only sickness I've had was 3-4 days of a pretty nasty headache/fever combination (7 weeks after the incident) but it was right after a 5 day period of lots of drinking/cigarettes which is very rare for me, and <5 hours sleep/night, so it just felt like my body being run down. With panadol I was able to be fully productive at work.

4 days ago, though, I noticed lots of lymph nodes swelling up. It started out with one in my neck, then the next day a few under my jaw, under and behind the ears, and on the back of the head. Since then a couple of disappeared, but one has definitely appeared under one armpit and I'm not sure but I think I may feel 2 tiny ones in my groin area. I have barely any other symptoms, I had a headache that disappeared after a good nights sleep, and I saw a family doctor in an informal setting (I didn't feel comfortable disclosing this information to her) who said I have a low-grade fever and that my tonsils are quite swollen and red. She definitely thought it was unusual to get all these nodes without some sort of obvious flu/infection. If I didn't notice the swelling though, I wouldn't have even registered myself as being sick at all.

So my question is, can this really be much else but HIV? Does this being 10 weeks after the incident say much? Does generalised swelling happen without any other symptoms unless it's something serious like HIV?

Thanks again

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

If you were to be experiencing ARS, I would expect them to have occurred earlier. Not everyone experiences symptoms either, so symptoms are never a reliable form of diagnosing an HIV infection.

Since this was a one-time incident, your test result will likely be negative.

In health,

Richard

Unprotected Oral Sex
richard please would you help me?