|PCR RNA question
Aug 14, 2014
I took the PCR DNA test 6 weeks after unsafe vaginal sex which produced negative results with no hiv detectable. My questions are as follows
1) is there any chance that after 6 weeks of possible infection, hiv levels can return to non detectable levels without any medication
2) Do I still need to take a 3 month western blot/ Elisa test
3) (For comfort purposes) how good of a sign is a negative RNA test at 6 weeks.
Thanks ahead of time for your answer!
| Response from Mr. Cordova
Thanks for writing in.
2: If you want a conclusive result, yes.
3: A six week test is a good indicator of your true status. I would not expect your results to change between six weeks and 90 days.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles Could I Have HIV
- Blisters After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.