Had Protected Sex_Now Sore throat_Is it HIV?

Hi Dr. I had a protected sex with a sex worker on Sunday 10 Aug. I sucked her breasts. Now, since Monday, 11 Aug, I have a sore throat. This is the first time I have sore throat without actually getting cold - No running nose, No cough. Today, Aug 14, the sore throat is worse. Have fever too. Went to Dr. on Aug 12, and he gave me an injection. but I suppose, it's not working. I am taking antibiotics also. Gargling 3-4 times a day. Nothing works. I am not sure if condom busted, I did not check it after sex. Now I am concerned, is it the symptoms of HIV infection? Now, it's more that 72 hours, I cannot even start PEP. And I read somewhere that to get a HIV test, you should wait for at least 3-4 weeks. I am scared, what to do? I read a few more threads on this "Sore throat" but none of them actually posted the HIV results. Please help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. This was not a high-risk situation. Your symptoms are not HIV-related. I do not think testing for HIV is warranted, but if you like, go in for one at 28 days and a final one at 90. I am confident the results will be negative.

In health,

Richard

Help please
risk assessment