Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Mild sore throat and swollen lymph node
Aug 8, 2014

I have read many many posts on this site and appreciate all the support and advice this group is providing. Short story: I'm a male 44 , had a sexual encounter with a sex worker of unknown status (refused to be tested with the oral kit); I received brief unprotected oral sex with some licking around (15 seconds or so); then had protected vaginal sex; do not recall condom breaking; washed my genitals with soap but not the whole body.

A few days layer mild tinging feeling on the left groin that wouldn't go away ; got worried to death; visited STD clinic. Claimedia, Gonnerhea, Syphilis, HIV Antibody all negative. Basically I am confident have been disease free before this encounter (monsgamou relationship, safe environment; frequent testing etc.)

Groin tingling slowly moved up to my neck lymph; I have no visible bulge or anything; also a mild sore throat.

In constant sndsevere anxiety and panick attacks; regular testing as much as I can as follows,

Day 1 July 22 Day 7 Antibody negative (And also Clam, Gon, Syph negative) Day 9 Antibody negative Day 11 Antibody/P24 Antigen negative; also RNA negative Day 16 Ora Quick (self test kit) negative

Mild sore throat and some pian in my calves and swollen lymph node on the neck ( mostly feeling;I can't see anything) are my symptoms.

Side information: Started Cypro on Day 4 after exposure for prostrate infection (not STD telated); and also flomax for increased urine flow - this was a routine urology appointment unrelated to the incident.

Family had a mild cold running in the house for a few days. No flu. All recovered after 3-4 days. I've had moderate exposure to them.

At this point I'm almost hopeless and think that I've been hit with HIV. Any explanation for my sore throat? Anxiety has paralyzed me.

Thank you for your consideration. God bless you.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Your risk was low. HIV transmission was unlikely, but if you need to test for peace if mind, you may do so at 28 days, and then a final test at 90. As for your sore throat, it could be any number of things. I would suggest working with your doctor to determine what could be causing it. It is not HIV.

In health,

Richard

Previous
hiv tested negative but still woried
Next
Protected sex with a Prostitute

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.