My ex boyfriend wore a condom during sex. do I need to test??

Hello Dr. I had sex with my ex boyfriend with a condom that was used correctly. It was my first time. However I have constant anxiety and fear that maybe I have contracted something. I remember 2 weeks after that episode I caught a cold. Which led me to believe that it's a cause from HIV. Deep down I know it's no but I want to be sure I'm ok. We used a condom and it was intact and didn't fail however I'm scared for my life. We also had a brief encounter in March that resulted in no ejaculation. I did a test 5 weeks after that for everything and all were negative. My question is am I at risk for the episode wear a condom was used properly and do I need to test even if a condom was used??? 😔

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

If you used a condom and it did not break or fall off, then I do not think testing is warranted.

In health,

Richard

3 month vs 6 month testing
(5th TIME ASKING!!!!please answer me this time!) Worried sick I have just gotten HIV