Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

quit pep. would i die??
Aug 4, 2014

Dear sir regards. I started kaletra + truvada After unprotected insertive vaginal sex With unknown source. At 3rd day i quit kaletra because of its strong side effects I continued truvada. I am too worrued I am feeling like it was my biggest mistake am much tensed. Help plz

Response from Dr. Wohl

Truvada alone is not a good idea. It may work but many experts feel a third drug adds more protection. There may be other choices besides Kaletra where you live. Do not take nevirapine (Viramune) as it can cause liver damage and other bad effects in people using it for PEP.

Go back to your clinic and explain your situation. If Truvada alone is only option, that can be okay and in the US AZT/3TC alone was used as PEP for many years until guidelines were updated.

DW

Previous
Two Weeks on different meds and my Gonnorhea still won't go away.
Next
Dr. Wohl and Truvada

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.