Worried medical student. Please answer. Its the 4 time I write a question

Hi and thanks for your site. Im medical student. Before 4 weeks during eye surgery ( cataract surgery ) for a 75 years old female patient i had a prick from surgical knife . We use a small knife for small incision in the cornea. We used a knife at the beggining of the surgery and put it at the surgical table for about 15 minutes. I dont remmember if there was blood on the knife. After 15 minutes i feel a prick from that knife that was 15 minutes outside. I wear a gloves. I felt worried and take blood test for the patient. It was negative for HIV , HCV and negative HBV. I ASKED THE epidimiologist in my hospital amd he told me that of the tests are negative then it is not neccesary to do any follow up HIV tests for me. I also read the giidlines of the CDC that was updated on 9/23/2013 that says that if the source patient is HIV negative there is mo need for HIV follow up test for the exposed HCW. but i still worried because we plan a pregnancy. Can i do sex withy wife without condom ? Do i need HIV follow up test for me ? Please answer. Verry worried

The advice you received was all correct. You do not need to worry. Go forth and multiply.

can my teething 6 mo baby get hiv from bloody band aid
can HIV virus fly away from the blood