Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

help me please
Aug 2, 2014

im sure i got hiv i did lots of hiv tests and sexual dieases i did at 31 ,45,51,109,127,137 hiv ag/ab and i did also pcr rna 84 and 74 days after my exposure all came negative and all sexual diseases also came negative expect for ebv positive igg...... im worried and still very worry about my symptoms i had Diarrhea for 2 months ,very dry mouth (white toungue ) whats make me very worry from my exposure tilll now i have fatigue and persist fever every day im suffering from both of them i need your adivce please and have 2 important questions i hope you answer them 1/do the sympotms of hiv maybe persist to 4 months and my tests still negative ??? 2/ i tested 2 times for cd4 count fisrt test came 1625 ul 38% ....and second one came 1725 ul and 36.2 % and the doctor at laboratory told me my cd4 is high please dr help me im waiting

Response from Dr. Wohl

I think you have an irrational fear of HIV for some reason. Your testing is accurate and you need not test for HIV or STI any further. You may need to see a mental health professional to understand why in the face of facts that prove you are not infected, you remain convinced you are.

DW

Previous
Dr. Wohl, please help. Oral and ARS
Next
HELP ! Betrayal and possible HIV transmission

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.