Dr. Wohl, please help. Oral and ARS

I'm 19 years old. I'm straight, but recently, I let a male (my neighbor, 19 years old) perform oral sex on me. I received the oral sex. I DID NOT perform oral on him. 11-12 days after the incident I came down with a fever of 100-102 for 3.5 days, a sore throat and a swollen lymph node in my neck on the same side where the sore throat was. Now 3.5 weeks later, I went for a HIV test, I get my results tomorrow and I'm absolutely petrified. I was told by the counselor that getting fellatio is not a risk for HIV as you only come in contact with Salvia. Unless I have the habit of punching the ones who perform oral on me, there would not enough blood present to pose a risk.

Knowing that my friend's last unprotected gay encounter (and his only sexual experience) was 8 months ago in college (unprotected insertive anal), we took 3 home OraQuick HIV test over the last 2 weeks and all 3 came back negative for him but I can't help but to worry as to why these symptoms were appearing and maybe we performed the test wrong. The counselor for OraQuick basically said that if there was a control, then the test worked and was done properly and as long as their was 3 months between the last exposure, any result can be taken as conclusive.

My doctor claims that it's going around this type of virus with the symptoms I experienced and that it could as last as one week to 10 days but that wasn't enough to calm my fears. Please help. Thank you.

Not sure I can add anything except to say I agree with your doctor that you are not HIV+.

Grinding of Penises: Risky?
help me please