Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

seeking reassurance from Dr wohl plz help.
Aug 2, 2014

I'm writing for the second time plz answer .10 months ago. I had protected vaginal sex with a Csw. I French kissed her I have infected root canal. I took the used condom and threw it away washed that hand with plain water then after 10 minutes I was scratching a pimple on my head with same hand .can this cause HIV?My smyptoms. Blister on lips after 3 days. Sore throat after 10 days. Armpit pain after 28 days. Red pimples on right side of ribs after two months.pain on both thighs still there. Developed a lump inside the skin on 2nd rib beneath chest. One lump on bicep one near elbow one behind both elbow. Showed it 2 different doctors they said they are lipoma not lymph nodes. I have diabetes my internist told me groin pain and armpit pain is due to neuropathy. I still develop bumps on my left lower back and thighs . My tests. 4Th gen eclia (Roche cobas)at 16th day then4th gen at 4th week and 4th gen at 12 week. 3Rd gen ab (vitros eci)at 16 week. 4Th gen at 19 week , 4th gen at 20th week and finally a 3Rd gen ab test(vitros eci . ) at 7 ,months and 10 days post eposure. Other tests. Hbsag negative. HcV negative. I have lost 10 kgs of weight. Still underarm pain and pain in thighs trouble me. Plz Dr tell me shud I take more tests? Are my symptoms anxeity related? As the physician who checked my LipoMA after my 20th week test told me to go to a psychologist he said u have unexplained symptoms. Plz sir need experts advice. Thank u

Response from Dr. Wohl

You are not HIV positive. The exposure was nonexistent. If you have swollen lymph nodes (ones that someone other than you can actually feel) they should be biopsied. Your symptoms sound like anxiety more than an infectious disease.

DW

Previous
Toothbrush anxiety
Next
Wife pregnant..... Pls answer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.