|abrasion during protected
Aug 2, 2014
Hi Dr. I recently had protected vaginal sex with a casual sex worker. The condom remained intact, but I had an abrasion on the shaft of my penis not covered by condom I don't think.the abrasion was perhaps a few hours old, but I am not sure if it was aggravated during sex. I did not notice any blood or discomfort. Please assess my risk. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
It is highly unlikely this abrasion was able to act as a portal of entry for HIV. If you remain concerned, get an HIV test now and in 4 weeks if using a combo Ag/Ab test or 12 weeks of only Ab test available to you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.