Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

how possible expose after six month
Jun 30, 2014

hello sir plzzzzzzz help

since december 1 year old hiv+ child split in my mouth cut janury 24 i got fever red dots in mouth highly joint pain i went to doctor he suggest me i sufring from hiv 1.my pcr test negative after 33 days 2.my elisa 3rd generation negative after 55 days 3.my pcr test negative aftr 75 days 4.my elisa 3rd generation negative aftr 95 days 5.my elisa pt24 combo 4rd generation test negative aftr 105 days 6.my tridot negative aftr 155 days 7.my elisa pt24 3rd generation after 156 days mydoctor told me i reyest after 180 days.... i am dying......plzzzzzzz help me my vitamin D, B12, acid normal range plzzzzzz help me plzzzzz

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi First, your exposure to HIV is not a risk. HIV is not transmitted through saliva or orally. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. Your testing history also tells the same story. The testing guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
please dr . answer me am I infected?
Next
I'm just 19 am I at risk.. Please help me !!!!!!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.