Am I ok

Hello I was working and I work in a clothing store. So as I was working I noticed some pants out of place so as I was putting them in place I noticed a stain that looked like blood on it and my hand touched it and I even rubbed the spot when I noticed I looked to see if any got on my finger really but none was on it I went to the restroom to wash my hands. I had a small healing cut on the side of my thumb that touched the pants with the blood on it or whatever it is. And I also had a tiny cut on my wrist but that didn't touch the pants. Am I at risk for hiv and do I need to get tested.

Hi No need to worry! If this stain was from someone living with HIV, once HIV leaves the body it begins to die and becomes unable to infect. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

You are HIV free from this experience!

Very urgent. Please help? HIV Risk?
HIV resistance