Could I have gotten HIV?

Hi all,

First of all, I want to apologize if I sound painfully stupid, OCD/crazy, or ignorant. So I was talking to this guy on an airplane who was HIV+. I know that HIV isn't spread by casual/social contact, or through sweat, tears, spit, etc. HOWEVER, if a the guy had cuts/blood in his mouth or nose, could I have come into contact with his blood when he talks/breathes? Is this enough to be an HIV risk?

Like I said, I know that HIV is not spread through bodily fluids like saliva, or through breath. But in my case, I'm worried that the guy was breathing out blood from his nose or mouth, and that it went into my body. (I had a cut on my face from acne, and I could have inhaled/swallowed his blood)

Could I have gotten HIV? I'm so scared! Thanks in advance!

Hi

You also cannot get HIV from touching an inanimate object. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time. There is no way to acquire HIV from a lap dance. HIV can not be transmitted through clothing. See HIV101 [link] for more info on how HIV is and is not transmitted.

HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Birthday party stripclub worries
Am i at risk ?