Am I at risk? Please answer.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am really worried about an insident that happened. Before two weeks I had a dance with a striper and she had really a lot of sweat. So after finishing my dance I noticed that I had a small paper cut in my finger from earlier this day. I found a lot of sites which support that there is a small quantity of the virus in sweat but my question is what is this sweat inserted in an open score? My finger was in touch the whole time with her sweat.Also what will be the danger if my finger also touched some of her vaginal fluids that might be in her clothes? I would not be so concerned, but yesterday (after two weeks from the incident) I had some light fever and night sweat.Please help me.

Hi You cannot get HIV through a massage or visiting a strip club. You also cannot get HIV from touching an inanimate object. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time. There is no way to acquire HIV from a lap dance. HIV can not be transmitted through clothing. See HIV101 [link] for more info on how HIV is and is not transmitted.

HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

HIV transmission on Breast bite
Body to body massage