Hiv on popcan

I went to the store to buy a can of pop from the fridge when I got home notice There was a redish brown color on the top of the can . When i got home I washed the top of the can is there any chance I get hiv , I notice I have a small cut on the inside my lip but its not bleeding at the moment its healing

Hi You cannot get HIV from sharing utensils, drinking after someone etc. You cannot get HIV as well at a hair salon, manicurist, sharing razors etc.

HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. Also important to know is that once HIV leaves the body it begins to die and becomes unable to infect.

If somebody accidentally spit on me, and has blood in his saliva and i have a micro wound, can i get hiv?
HIV from a fist fight