Razor cut

I used a razor at my boss's house. I nanny for her little girl. In the restroom I found a razor that looked new. It had a lid, I didn't see blood or hair on it. Also there was another razor in there as well, also with a lid. Anyway, I shaved and got a couple of knicks by my pelvic area. Before this, I had shaved other parts of my body and shaken the hair off so the razor was lathered. I went to a clinic and they told me to wait 3 months before testing for any disease. I'm not sure that anyone came in contact with the razor. A few people live there and come and go. It's a clean place, everyone looks healthy I am just afraid because I do not know their health history and I cannot ask because I don't think my boss would know squat about the razor being previously used or not. I am scared that maybe there was dry blood behind the blade and maybe I didn't see it, but I know that is a stretch. I do plan on being tested once enough time passes by. Do you think it is possible to contract HIV or Hepatitis this way?

Hi You cannot get HIV from sharing utensils, drinking after someone etc. You cannot get HIV as well at a hair salon, manicurist etc. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. Also important to know is that once HIV leaves the body it begins to die and becomes unable to infect.

HIV in martial arts
Can you get HIV if your clothes were stained by positive HIV blood during a fight?