OraQuick In-Home HIV Test

Hello Doctors,

Here is my story, I'm 26 years old, I never been sexually active (Never had sex before), in my life, except the last 8 month I only had those exposures.

First time I had sex was almost 8 months ago with an escort girl. she said she is allergic to latex condoms, and ofcourse she said she is HIV free, and I'm so stupid I believed her. She looked so confident and she also told me don't worry I cum inside her, I don't know why and how?? anyway I didn't ejaculate inside her it was brief and fast, and ejaculated outside.

Second exposure was 5 months ago, I met a girl offered me massage she was a shemale. she rubbed her penis on my back and anus (I think with no condom) I felt something sticky on my back and anus when I washed. I DID NOT let her penetrate it (her penis didn't enter my rectum or anus).

I have these symptoms since january, (4 months ago) they don't wanna go away, muscles and joints aches, (pain and aches that shoots (comes and goes) to my neck, arms, shoulders, legs and knee and my knees are little red or discolored i don't know they don't look like rash they don't itch, they ache my thighs and knees, and sometimes I feel them like they hot, warm with some burning sensation!!!!...)

Anyway I had tested for stds Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and Chlamydia they were all negative, also I tested for HIV (Oraquick in Home Oral swab) 4 TIMES 7-8 months after first exposure and also 3 TIMES after second exposure. I followed the instructions, and tested after 3 months exposure "ALL NEGATIVE"....

1) What is your assessments regarding my exposures? 2) HONESTLY Can I rely AND trust my Oraquick oral swab It is conclusive and definite results NEGATIVE, I don't have HIV.??? Can I move on? 3) Do I need any further testing or different type of testing? 4) As for HIV symptoms, how long they last? Do they last for months and they don't go away like mines? Do they sound like HIV symptoms?

Thank you so much for the advise.

Hi From everything you have told me your risk is incredibly low. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. The testing guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive. The home test kit is just as accurate as getting tested at a clinic.

Sometimes stress can add symptoms especially if we are dwelling on something. So these symptoms you are experiencing can be from this or something else but it is not HIV from what you have told me in your question.

If your symptoms continue I would recommend seeing your health care provider for evaluation.

Rare Case or OCD?
I am worried