Am I at risk I'm just 19

Hello Dr. I'm concerned because I went to a public bathroom and there was blood on the floor I don't think I saw it when I walked in because I usually analyze the stall before I decide if I want to use it or not. Anyway I used the bathroom and my period had just came on so it was leaking in my underwear and I started peeing in the bathroom,I usually walk further away from the toilet to wipe and my pants were still down and as I was walking from the toilet seat blood from me spilled on my pants, it was no big deal because it's my blood and I recently got tested negative. As I was walking( more like crab movements) to throw the tissue in the toilet and pull my pants up I noticed blood on the floor at first I thought it was mine but then I thought what if it isn't.the blood looked wet but a little dry at the same time. So I was thinking like what if it got on my pants when I was walking with my pants down. I looked on the bottom of my shoes and it didn't look like blood was on it. I don't have any cuts on my legs and feet, I also had on sandals that concerned me even more. One minute I think it's my blood the next I don't because I didn't see it when I walked in the stall. Am I at risk for getting hiv or hepatitis from this incident? I usually pull my pants all the way down because I'm in fear of it touching the toilet. Can some of that blood could have got on my pants when I was crab waking and leak though my pants but blood from my period that came on while I was working had already leaked through my pannies and got a little on my pants below my vagina. Please help me and I would really appreciate a response. Thanks. And when I went home there was no blood on the bottom of my pants

Hi No you cannot get HIV from using a public restroom. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Once HIV leaves the body it begins to die and becomes unable to transmit.

Pet
unsafe sex with HIV 1 and Negative person