I was exposed
Jun 18, 2014
Hello, I had protected anal sex with an hiv+ female and the condom broke. I didn't kno that's what happened in the moment, but I felt it break . I just thought it was sliding around. Anyway my family doctor wants me to the DNA and RNA PCR tests done even tho it's only been 48 hours. I have a hard time believing the test will show positive this early. Does he know what he's doing? Should I pay the 300 plus dollars for these tests? Or wait 12 weeks like everyone else and lose my mind slowly..and my immune system.
Response from Mr. Cordova
Since you were the insertive partner, and this was a one-time incident, transmission was unlikely. However, a PCR test would be highly accurate in the 48-72 hour window.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How To Get Rid Of Vaginal Discharge?
- Pain In Urethra After Sex (not An Std)
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.