I was exposed

Hello, I had protected anal sex with an hiv+ female and the condom broke. I didn't kno that's what happened in the moment, but I felt it break . I just thought it was sliding around. Anyway my family doctor wants me to the DNA and RNA PCR tests done even tho it's only been 48 hours. I have a hard time believing the test will show positive this early. Does he know what he's doing? Should I pay the 300 plus dollars for these tests? Or wait 12 weeks like everyone else and lose my mind slowly..and my immune system.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Since you were the insertive partner, and this was a one-time incident, transmission was unlikely. However, a PCR test would be highly accurate in the 48-72 hour window.

In health,

Richard

Long live Richard cordova
hiv prevention