Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Long live Richard cordova
Jun 18, 2014

Dear Cordova, I am praying God to give you a longer life as experts like you are serving people like me who desperately look for expert advice. This is my second time posting, if you could spend few minutes of your precious time, I would be so grateful to you. You are kind enough to answer my question earlier but in a hurry I couldnt put my scenarios properly in front of you. Kindly go through my incident and asses my risk. Few days back, through the Water-Tap of a Pot, I filled my small water bottle and then I walked approximately 30 seconds on the corridor to reach the sink nearby and washed my face using the water from my water bottle. After that I wiped my face with my hand kerchief and surprisingly found some amount of blood on it. Here are my concerns :( If the person just before me filled his bottle through the water-tap of that pot has had some injuries to his hand and blood is pouring from his hand on to the water- tap and then falling on my hand when I am filling my small water bottle and then went into my eyes after 30 seconds when I used the same hand to rub my eyes before I washed my face, what is my risk? Or else if someone just before me has lost some blood on the sink and when I used my water from my bottle to wash my face, is there any possibility that due to force of the water from my bottle on the stranger's blood on the sink come back and hit my eyes, what is my risk? Thanks a Million! In advance *Pot contains water-tap that needs to be either pressed upwards or downwards with our thumb/hand to fill our bottles with water. * The water in that pot usually drink by many persons either using the drinking glass available there on the top of the pot or filling their own water bottles. * In that particular day I am not alert and deeply thinking about some personal problem so I couldnt focus on how the water pot is that means whether how much blood is there or not.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

There was no risk in this situation.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Possibility of long term infection
Next
I was exposed

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.