Urine soaked foot
Jun 18, 2014
I am a nurse and didn't notice a foley cath bag was leaking until I felt my foot was wet while providing care to a resident. Can hiv be spread that way by urine soaking through your shoe to sock to foot. It was a moderate amount of urine. Also can hiv survive in a Foley catheter bag.
Response from Mr. Cordova
Urine cannot transmit HIV. Only four fluids are capable of transmitting the virus. They are Blood, Semen including pre-ejaculatory fluid, Vaginal Secretions, and Breast Milk.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
- Lower Back Pain And Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.