i dont understand the answer!!

weeks ago i do a question to you but i cant understand the answer , this is the link and the question :

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q236318.html

i have a risk exposure last year, i do 12 elisa test in the lapse of 6 months, ten of these are of fourth generation (hiv 1 and 2 with p24) an after all i do a pcr(viral load) and came back negative again , this ultimate was performed at 8 months post exposure.

the million dollar cuestion:

its necesary continuing with more hiv test?

i do hcv and hbv test at 6 months and came back negative too and i dont have any other risk after that

my risk was considerer high, insertive vaginal with a high risk woman.

thanks

The risk of a false positive test is now greater than you getting an accurate negative result. You can stop testing for HIV, HBV and HCV.

¿Can you explain me this better ?, thanks specially i cant found what you mean when you say

"The risk of a false positive test is now greater than you getting an accurate negative result"

What I mean is that your tests are conclusively negative. Any more testing and there is a risk that the test will be FALSELY positive. That is result says HIV is there when it is not.

Every test can produce a false positive results. The more we test, the more a risk of false positive, especially in low risk populations. So, if you did thousands of HIV tests on a large number of nuns who have never had sex, a few false positive tests can be expected.

You are now like a nun.

NAT Testing
Worried Student