hiv urine

A stupid co-worker made a prank to me, he put his urinate in an apple soda bottle and I tried to drink( I did not drink it) I spit it out, but I had sore throat and a canker sore, I am worried about how long does the hiv live out of the human body, I do not know his hiv status.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there First, urine is not one of the fluids that transmits HIV. If by chance the urine you almost drank had blood mixed it (which is unlikely given that they were pretending it was apple juice and not cranberry juice), there have been no cases of HIV from eating or drinking foods/beverages contaminated with HIV. Take care and perhaps find another group of friends. LHW

Can urine in a cut enter the brain?
questions about possible contagion