i feel i got hiv :(

hi dr.shannon I had a recent sexual encounter with a female escort,oral unprotected and protected vaginal but this girl gave me the condom ....at the same day i feel little fever .after 2days i had diareha ,extremely fatigue ,mild fever ,Itch,weakness i made 3 hiv tests hiv ag/ab at 30 ,40,50 and all tests came negative dr.today the 70 days from exposure ..i still feel fatigue and cant go to my work i have 3 question plz answer me 1/Is HIV virus causes fatigue ? 2/Is it possible that the initial symptoms persist for more than 50 days? 3/How the average time which it appears antibodies ؟ sorry me for my bad english and plz answer me im so scare

Hi You actually did everything right. Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and wearing a condom gives you the protection you need from HIV. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. The testing guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive. The other thing to keep in mind is that there are other sexually transmitted infections that are out there and much easier to get. You can be experiencing side effects from those, the symptoms can be from anxiety or you could just have the flu.

From what you have shared with me, your test for HIV is negative and far enough out that you are considered HIV free. If you symptoms continue I would recommend following up with your health care provider for further evaluation.

used condom cause hiv
Pep