Having sex on my period

Hello. I am HIV positive. I have been undetectable for more then 13 years straight. I take my meds. without missing a dose . I have a boyfriend that is Negative. He does not like to use condoms. What is the risk of me infecting him if I have sex with him when I am on my period.

Hi The good news is there are studies showing that someone with an undetectable viral load is basically unable to transmit the virus. The risk is reduced by up to 96% and most recently a study was published stating the risk is zero.

My husband is negative and my viral load is undetectable as well. We have opted to not use condoms. This is definitely a conversation for the two of you but the overall risk is incredibly low.

HIV from food
used condom cause hiv