Regarding HIV Transmission

Hello Doc -- I am 28 yrs old male and i live in Argentina.

Around 2 weeks back i engaged in sexual activities with a Prostitute.

After a week i developed a strange sore inside my mouth on my upper jaw gums. It was white in color and looked more like a canker sore. It vanished automatically within a week or so and i used dercolina gel.

I used a condom during my sexual session and i checked the condom by filling water in it and it seems to me that it did not break.

The doctor told me that i might be infected with herpes.

What are my chances considering the fact that the partner was HIV+ and Herpes+s

HI Your chances are higher that you were infected with Herpes and not HIV. Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based. Other STI's are much easier to get than HIV and by using a condom you protected yourself from HIV transmission.

PARANOID/ FINGERING/ 2ND REQUEST
Stressed