Precum

Hi, I had a sexual encounter with a man a month ago and we engaged in oral sex and mutual masturbation. As we were masturbating he used his pre-cum as a lubricant and he rubbed it on the tip of my penis several times and performed oral sex a few times after wards. I am very concerned as I later noticed an area on inside of the opening of my penis that was red. There was no blood, but it was red in colour. I am not sure if it was a small cut or not, but it made me worry. To make matters worse he said he has not been tested over a year.I am worried that his pre-cum could have entered the potential small cut or could have entered into my urethra. I was doing researched and learned that HIV infected fluids do not survive easily out of the body? Is this true? I am at high risk in this situation? I am extremely worried.

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. Masturbating doesn't carry any risk. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. Yes it is true that HIV begins to die once it leaves the body and becomes unable to infect. There is a very low possibility of you receiving HIV through this type of experience. What I would recommend is that you get tested so that you know your status. Not just for HIV but all of the STI's. And of course encourage you that when you are with someone new or anonymous that you use protection. Not just to prevent HIV but all of the STI's.

Can somebody help me please?
unprotected sex