Ways HIV transfer
May 26, 2014
Hi, I have always heard of all the possible ways HIV can be transfered, the obvious ones such as semen, vaginal fluid and blood. I was curious what about very simple things like human mucus such as the mucus in the throat when you cough or mucus in the nose such as snot/bogey. I have never heard of a direct answer on this. I hope to hear from you
Response from Dr. Wohl
The substances you mention do not transmit HIV provide they do not contain visible blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Infection Among Married Couples
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- Will Genital Herpes Cause Shingles?
- Why Cant I Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Happens If Gonorrhea Is Left Untreated?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.