When should I retest for chlamydia after treatment?
May 24, 2014
After taking the single dose, in how long would the chlamydia be completely gone from my body? I want to know when to test myself again. When would it say thats negative.
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
This depends on the treatment that you got (basically if you got a big dose all at once or have to take daily pills).
But regardless, the rule of thumb is to wait at least a week to have sex or test again.
Hope this helps,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Vaginal Fluid
- Sensual Massage Risk Of Getting HIV
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.