Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

You are the only one who can help me ! HIV scare

May 19, 2014

Dear Doctor, I believe that you are the only one who can help me i sent you before, but i have some updates for my case. I am a male ,29 years old , From Egypt where the population is 90,000,000 , and only 3,000 HIV cases ( in my country even famous doctors don't know a lot about HIV ) My risk was : unprotected vaginal sex with sex worker for 1 time at Dubai with ejaculation inside end of November 2013 . I called the girl asked her if she have HIV she answered that she isn't but when I asked her if she tested before , she told me that she never tested before for HIV. (i can't believe that she isn't an HIV case) Symptoms: After 4 weeks :i had a Sore throat for 8 days, after 7 weeks : mild night sweat every night , loss appetite , loss weight till now( 9 kg about 10 % of my all weight). After 10 weeks : a flue for only 3 days with a fever of 38 after 12 weeks : diarrhea for no reasons (9 days and then went for 3 days and came back for 3 days) and 3 small red dots in each hand for 2 weeks. Tests did with result : ( I went to lab near to my home ,I don't know if they use ELIZA technology regarding the HIV tests or not and for sure not the 4th generation tests ... i am trying with the nurse to know the name of the test she don't know and i also tried with customer services they don't know . all they tell me : HIV antibody (aides test) How in 2014 a big lab in the middle East they don't know the test name The lab customer services told me also they use ELISA for virus C & B. In this lab they take a blood sample from my arm in the morning and I receive the result same day at afternoon . Can you suggest which test is that ??

11 weeks : Hiv antibody ( non reactive 0.12) 82 days : HIV antibody ( non reactive 0.11) 85 days : HIV antibody ( non reactive 0.24) 90 days : HIV antibody ( non reactive ) 94 days : HIV antibody ( non reactive ) at 3 months :I decided to go to a doctor (not HIV doctor as in my country it is very difficult to meet HIV doctor ),to check o myself to know what is the cause of my symptoms, he asked me to do some tests : RPR : Negative VDRL: Negative Herpes simplex virus type 1 Igm : Negative Herpes simplex virus type 1 IgG: POSITIVE Herpes simplex virus type 1 Igm : Negative Herpes simplex virus type 1 IgG: Negative Hepatitis B surface antigen : Negative Hepatitis C virus antibody (3rd generation) : Negative Urine analysis : Normal Stool Examination : Normal SGPT (ALT) : 16 ( normal range ) SGOT (AST) : 12 ( normal range ) TSH : 1.09 ( normal range ) ESR: first hour 8 , second hour 20 Fasting plasma Glucose : 95 ( normal range ) Glycosylated Haemoglobin ( HbA1c ): 5.4 ( normal range ) LDH : 143 ( normal range ) C-reactive Protein (CRP) titre : 0.6 ( normal range ) Complete blood picture : Hemoglobin: 14.9 Haematocrit(pcv) 42.5 RBCs count 5.47 MCV : L 77.7 MCH : 27.2 MCHC : 35.1 RDW-CV: 12.0 PLAtelet count : 370 Total LEUCOCYTIC COunt : 4.3 Differential leucocytic count: Neutrophils: 35.7 % 1.69 Lymphocytes : 48.1 % 2.28 Monocytes : 10.1 % 0.48 Eosinophils : 5.7% 0.27 Basophils: 0.4% 0.02 **** ( comment: RBCs show mild microcytosis .Relative LYmphocytosis. Relative Monocytosis. Absolute Neutropenia) Te doctor told me that i am fine and my symptoms may be related to ANXIETY or any kind of bacteria, and i turned off this page and removed it from head. But after another 5 weeks ( after 4 month from my risk ) I started to feel another symptoms and I still have them all till now : 1-Mild Sore throat , never went till now 2-I feel pain in my neck , 3- Rash in my front head, never went till now 4-swollen lymph nodes around my neck and my mouth i went to another doctor who ask me for the following tests and CT for neck and chest: Epstain barr virus antibody toviral capsid antigen ( VCA-IgM ) : negative ANA by Elisa : Negative Serum calcium : 9.7 ( normal range ) Serum LDH : L 116 C-reactive Protein ( Quantitative ) : 0.3 ( normal range ) Complete blood Picture : Normal blood picture ESR: first hour 8 , second hour 18 TSH: 1.20 ( normal range ) Free T3 : 3.1 ( normal range ) Free T4 : 1.4 ( normal range ) Chest CT comment : Normal CT scan of the chest. Neck CT comment : MULTIPLE BILATERAL MILDY ENLARGED UPPER AND LOWER DEEP CERVICAL LYMPH NODES , THE LARGEST NOT EXCEEDING 1.8 CM IN ITS MAXIMUM DIAMETER. NO MATRIX CALCIFICATIONS OR AREAS OF BREAKING DOWN. When I went back to the doctor he told me that I am very good but he gave me antibiotic for 5 days I finished the antibiotic from 3 weeks and without any progress Swollen lymph nodes, Sore throat, the rash in my front head, for almost 1 month and half 2 small ulcers in my tongue + very dry lips from 3 days I found another lab where they have HIV ag/ab test by CMIA but they asking for full details and a copy from the ID. I went there once and I will not go again as if I tested positive they will report the result for the ministry of health , and they will but me in an HIV Hospital for rest of my live. I did there the test : At 18 weeks from my risk: Hiv Ag/Ab. by CMIA : Negative at 21 weeks : HIV antibody ( non reactive ) ( in the first lab) week 23 : HIV antibody ( Non reactive) ( in the first lab) My question : 1.does my symptoms at 4 months from my risk is related to HIV ? Can HIV symptoms appear under any condition after 4 months and half from the risk action ? Are HIV symptoms related to when the virus entered the body or when the body is starting fighting the virus ? 2.Should i retest again until 26 weeks ? 3.if they are related when I will test positive after them ? 4.Does my lymph nodes , the sore throat, and ulcers in my tongue mean that my body is trying to produce antibodies ? as the doctors didn't find a reasons regarding them. 5.Do you think that I am an HIV? and i need more tests ? I know that in 3 months window period is conclusive but i found a lot of cases which tested positive after the 3 months here on this website which make me confused . and i have an inside feeling telling me that I am infected and there is something wrong with my lab result, I feel myself not normal. And no one can tell me my symptoms reasons Please keep in mind that before this situation I never went to a doctor or did any blood test and was rarely get sick. Sorry for my long question I tried to explain each details as much as I can, but please have a look for all my case , and try to response to my question in details as much as u can ,as I need a bottom line for this situation ,and I need to get back to my normal life Please I NEED your HELP , there is no one in my country that I can ASK him or talk to him. Thank you,

Response from Dr. Wohl

I think your repeated and extensive testing shows you are not HIV infected. There are many causes of small lymph node enlargement besides HIV. I would not repeat any HIV related testing.

DW

Previous
Is it possible to have a regiment of only one or two integrase inhibitors?
Next
DO INCEST CAUSE HIV?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.