|CAN SYPHILIS CAUSE INFERTILITY?
May 13, 2014
My partner had tertiary syphilis (gummas in the mouth). He was cured. We would like to have a child. I have few questions. 1.Is there a risk for a baby to get syphilis? 2.Is he still contagious (either for me or for a baby)? 3.Is there a possibility that syphilis has caused infertility? Thank you!
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi If his Syphillis has been treated and cured there is no risk to you or your baby. Only if Syphillis is left untreated can it cause issues down the line both for the person infected and their partners.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hepatitis Make You Infertile?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- How To Find A Doctor Who Treats Candidiasis?
- Can You Have Sex With A Hiv Infected Person And Not Become Infected?
- Cd4 Cell Count Normal Range
- Implications Of Hiv And Aids From The Perspective Of Hipaa Confidentiality
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.