May 13, 2014
Hi, just a silly question. Wich are the the risk of open mouth kissing? I know that HIV is almos 0 and HPV it is possible....but syphilis? You have to test if you have this kind of kissing with a possible positive in syphilis? thanks
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi You can get syphilis by direct contact with a syphilis sore during anal, vaginal, or oral sex. Sores can be found on the penis, vagina, anus, in the rectum, or on the lips and in the mouth. The other person would have to have sores on the lips or mouth in order for the transmission to occur and you too would have to have sores or openings on your lips and/or in your mouth.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.