Oral sex

Hello there, I have some questions about giving oral sex, HIV and cold sores. The first time i saw cold sores on my boyfriend's lip but it was chapped and dry and i kissed him very gently. I do not know if he has any HSV-1 or HIV .After a month ago i gave oral sex to my boyfriend without ejaculated to my mouth. My question is can i have HIV or HSV-1 from giving him an oral sex without having any cold sores in his lips? and when i kissed him when he had one ? Thank you

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

HIV transmission was not likely in this situation, the virus is not readily transmitted via oral sex. Transmission of HSV-1 was possible. It's also likely that you've been exposed to the Herpes virus in the past but didn't know. A cold sore does not have to be present for transmission to occur.

In health,

Richard

Hiv from cut finger and 7 month negative
fall of unknown fluid on lips in movie theatre