Hiv from cut finger and 7 month negative
May 12, 2014
I have protected vaginal sex with a csw.while removing condom with my right thumb some vaginal fluid get stick on it and also there is 4 day old cut not bleeding that time. after 10 day I got fever,diarrhea, sore throat and cough. It last 3 day and goes after taking medicine. After 20 day of exposure I developed arthritis in my knee. I have take p24 duo test at 6.5 month and Elisa at 7 month both were negative. My question is that am I HIV free or other test required. Also my immune system is weak because I catch disease very fast as my parent say.
Response from Mr. Cordova
Testing done at 90 days or greater can be considered conclusive. You are HIV negative from this incident.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Does Herpes Come From?
- What Percent Of The World Has Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Is The Normal Range On Herpes 2 Igg Test?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.