Used lotion as lube worried condom might have torn

hi Doc

I had sex with a guy almost 5 weeks ago it was anal and I was receptive unfortunately we didnt have lube so I just used vaseline cocoa butter lotion, the condom didnt appear to be torn although for the oddest reason when I wiped myself to check if there was any bleeding I was compelled to sniff at the tissue I'm actually not sure if I did cause I only started to try remembering last week, anyway the tissue smelled as if it had some semen on it I didnt think much of it really but as I said I only started trying to remember a week ago, because I heard someone say vaseline and condoms are a big noo, so I got freaked out, I asked the guy and he said it never tore but in anycase he doesnt know his status, now I havent developed any ARS symptoms but now I'm worried maybe I'm overreacting, would it be helpful to get tested even before the 3month window period cause I cant wait, and what are the chances that someone has it but doesnt display the ARS symptoms cause I have literally zero symptoms been in good health but the condom vaseline scare, with all this worrying I might start imagining things

very worried

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Oil-based products can weaken latex-based condoms and increase the likelihood of them breaking. If the condom had busted, you would have known.

I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. In the future, be sure to use water-based lube with latex condoms.

In health,

Richard

Risk for STDs from sweat, vaginal fluid, or biting
am i infected