hiv risk blood stain?

Hi Expert

I work IT and last week I was in kings cross Sydney australia in a doctor surgery but not a normal general practitioner it was hiv specialist my job was to update computers to new windows version, change stickers on computers etc. on one of the computers there was a brownish stain on the sticker which I accidently touched and then removed the sticker and put it in the bin and then put a new sticker on the computer nothing was on my hand so I rubbed the stain with some paper to see what it was and only some black dirt was on the paper I had only minor sores from a few days earlier on my hand if it was blood and it was hiv positive blood could I get hiv from touching it considering it was in a hiv specialist office and the temperature had to be a certain temperature because they kept hiv medication in that room?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

HIV does not live well outside of the human body. HIV would be unable to infect you in a situation like this.

In health,

Richard

late stage hiv but testing negative?
Three years after the possible exposure