|HIV high risk exposure so scared
May 12, 2014
Hi, I am aware that I cannot diagnose hiv on symptoms but its all I can think about because I keep trying to link them to something else as understandably I cannot cope with the thought of what is about to happen.
I engaged in a high risk sexual activity of which I am yet to tell anyone but I am fully aware it was of higher risk than most of what I have seen on online with almost certainly a positive individual.
It has almost been three weeks since the incident. I am being tested at 4 weeks.
The symptoms I have are the following and ideally I am wondering if there is anything else they could be linked to?
- week 1 - extreme anxiety, loss of breathe, night sweats,sleeping all the time, not eating.
- 6 days post exposure - noticed throat was swollen. still swollen today
- 1 week post exposure - fordyce spots appeared on my upper lip
- 2 week post exposure - blotchy red rash began on neck and worked down onto shoulders and some on bicep few days ago. Comes out in shower. Was originally extremely itchy. Now dry.
- from 1 week to now - oily skin on face
- 2 weeks post - smell from penis
- 2 weeks post - yellow mucus on tongue which smells and can be scrapped off.
- 2 weeks to now - slight joint and muscle aches not painful across body
- 2 weeks to now - seem to be getting pins and needles really easily in my hands when resting on arms in bed
- 1 week to now - no sore throat just mucus in throat of which feels like i cannot swallow my saliva. no difficulty eating.
last few days - occasional slight headache pain. Sometimes rib pain. felt dizzy yesterday. seem easily tired.
I am still yet to have the flu.
Is there any way I may not have HIV? I am thinking about going in for a test before my booked test as the symptoms I have would suggest that it would come back positive if they related. Is that correct? I am just scared to find out and significantly depressed.
Any reassuring words to help me get through the inevitable would be appreciated.
| Response from Mr. Cordova
You didn't tell me what the risk was, so I have no way of accessing it. However, both the timing and type of your symptoms suggest that they are not HIV related. A 90 days test will confirm that.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Stinging Pain?
- Tingling Lips Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.