May 12, 2014
I recently had sex male on male we used condom I was receptive well as on top giving we used condom and water base lub no condom breakage at all how safe was I from stds and hiv is testing warranted ty
Response from Mr. Cordova
Across the board you did everything right. The only risk you have would be for Syphilis since it is transmitted via skin-to-skin contact, you may have been exposed in an area that the condom does not cover. Still, using the condom helped lower the likelihood of transmission.
I do not think you need to test for this incident in particular, but you should be tested for all STD's, including HIV at least once a year, and preferably every six months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Have Sex With A Girl And Another Without A Condom Do I Have Hiv?
- How Far Apart Are Hepatitis B Vaccines Given?
- If You Have Sex With A Hiv Postive Person How Long Does It Take To Catch It?
- If You Have A Sore Throat Does That Mean U Have Hiv?
- Can You Kiss A Person Who Is Hiv Positive?
- Tips Of My Fingers Hurt Is It Neuropathy
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.