6 weeks pregnant with a Preliminary positive on my HIV test

First time ever being pregnant. I've gotten always annual's every year for STDs and HIV even while having the same partner for years. But this is the first time I've ever had an HIV test come back preliminary positive. I am so worried and confused. Being pregnant for the first time. Is this a common thing lately amongst pregnant women?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Pregnancy is one of many things that could cause a false positive in a HIV test. That's exactly why it's preliminary. When you go back for your confirmatory test, it should clear things up and give you the answer to your status. The wait might be difficult, but hopefully they can get that done for you quickly. If they have a lab on-site that always helps (most of the wait to get results back is because sample are being shipped).

Also, it's great to hear that you get your regular testing for HIV/STDs! Great way to keep up on your status.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Can dried semen cause any of HIV, Hep B or HEP C ?
Could I get aids through sweat touching an open wound