HIV risk from condom breaking when I went back inside her

I had sex with a prostitute.. after ejaculation i removed my penis and condom. There was semen inside..i put my penis inside again and this time condom broke... in a duration of less than a minute i removed my penis and rushed to the bathroom and wash my penis with warm water. how are my chance of contracting h.i.v if she is infected?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

This is a little bit complicated. Wearing a condom is better than nothing at all. But the condom breaking makes it difficult or us to know if any vaginal fluid got inside and came in contact with your penis. This can be a difficult thing to answer for sure. But it does sound like contact was brief.

It sounds like the risk was on the lower side. We'd recommend getting tested 3 months after this sex (not just for HIV, but for other STDs). It's a good practice for all sexually active people anyway.

Hope this helps,

Erik

HIV risk from spit in the mouth?
Can dried semen cause any of HIV, Hep B or HEP C ?