How did I get chlamydia when we used condoms?

I tested positive for chlamydia recently. I know who I must have caught it from, because I tested negative for everything before getting together with this person, but I'm perplexed because we used condoms every time. I remember being relieved because it was never an issue with him (unlike the guy I was with before him, who often tried to find reasons to go without). Could I have caught it from either receiving oral sex, or from our genitals coming into contact (not penetration) after he had removed the condom? I guess maybe we weren't careful enough.

Hi It's good that you used protection, but it's not a guarantee. As you have obviously observed! It is possible to get gonorrhea through oral activity as well as after the condom being removed and fluid touching you. My recommendation would be to after sex and removing the condom to clean up then cuddle! This way the fluid is cleared away and the risk is reduced.

anal sex protected top
Blood on crisps and ingested hiv risk?