Exposed to hiv

Hie,

I live in a high risk country in tems of hiv and recently was hit by a shopping basket on my mouth and bled heavily.i am concerned that if it had traces of blood then i would have contracted hiv.i consider this basket as an environmental surface and what is my risk. Should i go for PE?

Hi, Ouch! I'm sorry this happened to you, good news is no way for HIV transmission to occur this way. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time (for example: a blood soaked shirt of a health care worker that remained while she performed CPR). See HIV101 for how HIV is and is not transmitted.

No need for PEP. Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Semen eye
How Long does HIV virus last, and Spermicide and Condom question. Please help.