hiv rash

Hi I was exposed 7 months ago but 10 days after I went to the hospital to get tested and it was negative but now im getting this rash on my upper extremities trunk back arms they only get red when I take a warm showern I have no other symptoms is the rash a sign of ars

Hi Let's first talk about the testing. The testing guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive. If you have not had a test since the one 10 days after the exposure you need to have another one and if there have been no other exposures during this 7 month time frame the results will be considered conclusive. The rash, since it only occurs from taking a warm shower, is most likely from the warm shower. Not knowing the "exposure" you had it is important to know just how you can and cannot get HIV. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

licked blood
Semen eye