fresh wound: please help!

Hi, yesterday I was walking down the street when suddenly I felt someone touching my hair. I turned around and there was this guy (that appeared really drunk) who asked for a cigarette. I gave him a cigarette but then saw that his finger was bleeding pretty hard. An hour ago I fell with my bike and my head also hit the ground. Could I get infected if blood from this persons hand got in my hair or my touched the wound on my head? The wound of his finger was still fresh. Do I need to get tested? Thanx a lot for helping me out!

Hi No need to worry here about HIV transmission. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Hiv
group oral sex