blood exposure (shannon ,what do you think?)

Hi Shannon,how are you? I recently rimmed a guy who had just shaved his butt and anus .I rimmed him and pressed my penis gently against his anus but there was no penetration. I only realized he had some open cuts from shaving on his butt and anus afterwards . Could I have contracted hiv by rimming him and gently pressing my penis up against his anus ? He wasn't gushing but there was definitely some blood . My penis did not have any cuts on it I didn't have any major open sore in my mouth at that time but my gums tend to bleed every now and the, although I don't recall them bleeding profusely during that rimming session. Thanks in advance

Hi This is a very low risk for HIV transmission. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

It's important to keep in mind that HIV is a very low risk but not other sexually transmitted infections, which are easier to get. My recommendation would be to routinely get tested for those and everyone should know their HIV status.

Paranoid! Help!
HIV